Table of Content
A Complete Review of H&R Block Emerald Card®
Receive your income tax refund on H&R Block Emerald Card®
Are you looking for a comfortable option to receive your tax refund? The IRS offers direct bank deposits for tax refunds, but that’s not the only way around. The H&R Block Emerald Card® provides quick access to your tax refund compared to a bank deposit.
However, does that make H&R Block Emerald Card® the right choice for you? We have put together a review of this prepaid card to help you understand the complete deal before applying for a card.
H&R Block Emerald Card® Fees, Deposits, Cash Reloading
When evaluating any card, the first factor to consider is its fee schedule. H&R Block Emerald Card® ranks well under the fee matrix because of its nil activation fee, monthly maintenance charges, PIN transaction fee, and Signature transaction fee.
However, there are some additional charges that can eat away your tax refund quickly.
How to Receive a Tax Refund With the H&R Block Emerald Card®
Now, coming to the primary feature of the H&R Block Emerald Card®, here is what you need to do to receive your tax refund on this prepaid card.
When filing your tax return with H&R Block tax software, choose H&R Block Emerald Card® as your preferred refund option.
The IRS will deposit your tax refund on this card instead of your bank account.
What we Like About the H&R Block Emerald Card®
- H&R Block Emerald Card® doesn’t have a monthly fee, PIN transaction fee, or Signature transaction charges
- It offers a quick, comfortable way to access your tax refund.
- MyBlock® makes it easy to manage your prepaid card. You can check account transactions, pay bills, among other features.
What You Need to Watch out for With the H&R Block Emerald Card®
- H&R Block Emerald Card® has plenty of add-on charges that will eat away your cash quickly. You’ll end up paying cash reload fees, ATM withdrawal fees, ATM transaction fees, charges for bill payments, and even inactivity fees.
- H&R Block Emerald Card® doesn’t have any additional features except the ability to receive your tax refund. You will not receive any cashback or special discounts with this card.
- The only way you can apply for H&R Block Emerald Card® is through one of their participating tax offices or through H&R Block tax preparation software.
H&R Block Emerald Card® is quite similar to other prepaid cards, offering standard features, but the lack of monthly charges make it a smart choice for most H&R Block existing users. You may want to consider the inactivity fee if you don’t intend to use this card frequently.